[H-GEN] linux box just went dead

James McPherson - Customer Technical Support Engineer James.McPherson at Aus.Sun.COM
Wed Apr 26 02:53:16 EDT 2000

> are the lkcd files meant for SGIs only?
>
> James McPherson wrote:
>
> the LinuxWorld presentation is at
> ftp://oss.sgi.com/www/projects/lkcd/download/doc/linuxworld2000/LKCD.html
>
> and the general homepage for the project is at
>
> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/lkcd/

AFAICT the lkcd stuff is generic linux, especially since the web pages talk
about multiple architectures:

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/lkcd/news.html

01/13/00:

Well, we've now released version 1.0.4. This has a couple of minor changes
added to the release, the most significant being the changes to the stabs
code to add better symbol table support. In addition, dump headers are now
changed so that different architectures can create their own dump headers and
use them however they want. We believe that the kernel code is now complete as
far as Linux 2.2 is concerned. Commands can and will still be added to
'lcrash', however, to make it more feature-friendly.

James C. McPherson

--
Solution Centre Engineer              828 Pacific Highway
Sun Microsystems Australia Pty Ltd    Gordon NSW 2072