[H-GEN] usbcore.o Module

Mike Andrew mikero at norfolk.nf
Wed Apr 19 02:39:45 EDT 2000

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, yh tan wrote:
> Module loading problem followed-up from my previous problem, after i got the
> kernel compiled upgraded to 2.2.14 (with usb support patch).
>
> when i tried to "insmod" on the modules listed below , i get error messages
> "unresolve symbol ..." for the all the following modules:
> - /lib/modules/2.2.14/misc/usbcore.o
> - /lib/modules/2.2.14/misc/usb-uhci.o
> - /lib/modules/2.2.14/misc/usb-ohci.o
>
> anyone familiar with the USB modules can gimme some advise on this?

you need to do three things
1)
in /etc/conf.modules (modules.conf in other distros)

path[usb]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/`uname -v`
path[usb]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
path[usb]=/lib/modules/
path[usb]=/lib/modules/default

alias usb-0000.0000.01.00.00  audio.o
alias usb-0000.0000.03.01.00  mouse.o

The location /lib/modules etc may differ according to your distro (but i doubt
it)

2)
run depmod -a

3)
never use insmod. not ever. use modprobe instead.

--
http://linux.nf/stepbystep.htm + mirrors
StepByStep submissions: mikero at norfolk.nf netllama at i.am