[H-GEN] Not detecting parallel port

David Duffy avd at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Tue Apr 18 00:33:45 EDT 2000

Hi all,
I'm new to this list (today) & Linux (a few weeks).
What I'm having trouble with is getting Linux to recognise the 2nd
parallel port. So far, I can print a simple text string to both the ports
from the command prompt but when I try to associate a printer with
the 2nd port using "print tools" in an X session, it says the 2nd port
hardware doesn't exist. How can I fix that?  What I'm trying to do is
print from my Win98 network (boo,hiss) to the 2 printers on the Linux
box. I have got the 1st printer working fine over the network.
I'm running Redhat 6.1 if that helps at all.
Regards...
David Duffy        Audio Visual Devices P/L
U8, 9-11 Trade St, Cleveland 4163 Australia
Ph: +61 7 38210362   Fax: +61 7 38210281
New Web: www.audiovisualdevices.com.au
New email: avd at audiovisualdevices.com.au