[H-GEN] Dial-in PPP IP allocation

Byron Ellacott bellacott at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 21 13:29:39 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

>I'm wanting to assign a different IP to different users when they connect
>my server.
>I'm sure that pppd will be able to do this, what setting would I need to
>make to do this?

man pppd(8).

Or, the longer answer, (ch|p)ap-secrets.

# client	server	secret	IPs
user1		server	""	192.168.105.192
user2		server	""	192.168.105.193
user3		server	""	192.168.105.194

If you want, replace "server" with "*".  This assumes that you're giving the
"login" option to PPPD so that passwords are checked against /etc/passwd
rather than the field in (ch|p)ap-secrets; and it also assumes you'll
provide either the +pap or +chap options to pppd.

ymmv, ianasa, bmmdi, etc, fwiw, hth.

--
bje