[H-GEN] Socket 370 Celeron

Steve Thorne sjthorne at ozemail.com.au
Sat Oct 23 09:56:15 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

I beg to differ: celerons are not all the same, some o/c better than others.

550 is more than possible with normal cooling fans, provided you get
supplied
with a decent chip - some chips will do it, some won't, and there is no
way of telling, short of pulling it out of the box and o/cing it right there
in the
shop, or buying a (more expensive) pretested chip.

as for the dual celeron, intel 'broke' the smp for celeron chips, you have
do some funky altering of the riser card (socket370->slot1 converter) or buy
a prealtered card in order to get SMP.

The alternative is buying the BP6, which is a mainboard with dual socket370.
no conversions needed, just drop in the chips and o/c to your hearts
content.

Steve T.
--
A little overkill never hurt anybody.