[H-GEN] AGP video cards under X (fwd)

Robert Brockway robert at ralnet.net
Sun Oct 17 10:31:41 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

Matthew Day <nitty at dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
: I'm running a SiS6326 8mb AGP chipset without any hassles at the moment,
: once i tinkered a little with the XF86Config file and upgraded to the
: latest X it was fine.. however in earlier versions of X i could only run
: in interlaced mode, but now I run in 1024x768 16bit no probs, han go
: higher but X gets alittle slow for my liking.

This is interesting to hear.  I tinkered _alot_ :) and rtfm all the web
pages I could find on the subject.  The other thing I forgot to mention is
apparently there may be some pretty significant variations between 6326
'chipsets' on the cards.  As many as a dozen varieties are floating around
according to one web page.  A typical case of version numbering problems.

I'm glad to hear your works well.  I'm happily using X via my lovely s3
Virge card, and will wait for the drivers to improve before giving the agp
card another run.
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert at blake.humbug.org.au, robert at ralnet.net
                                robert.brockway at uq.net.au
			 WWW:   http://www.ralnet.net/~robert
.sig now invisible for your convenience.