[H-GEN] Telstra Bigpond Cable

John Boggon John.B at uq.net.au
Thu Oct 14 05:40:05 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

Daehenoc wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
> Unix-related topics. ]
>
> Hey, has any one esle here connected BPC to their linux machine? I'm
> having trouble getting an IP off their dhcp server. Of course their techs
> are as thick as two short planks, so they don't support Linux connections.
> Anyone here had this problem?
>
> Greg Vickers
> ICQ # 51933450

I recently emailed Telstra asking if it was possible to connect my Linux
box to the bigpond cable network. I received an automated reply
informing me that cable was not available in my geographical area and
the rollout had been completed, but they did have a satellite service
that might suit.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the cable internet used
the same cable as Foxtel. Does this mean that the two foxtel points I
have in my house are only pretend ones ?

John.