[H-GEN] looking

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Mon Oct 4 02:45:40 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

On Mon, 04 Oct 1999, Stephen Brine wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
> Unix-related topics. ]
>
> just wondering if anyone out there has a 5 or 8 port 10/100 autosense hub
> that they don't need anymore. I only really need a 5 port as i have 4
> machines that are used mainly, with 10/100 meg cards but also 9 machines
> that are quite happy on 10 meg (presently running all thru a 10 meg hub)
> Now the 100 meg has to hook into the 10meg network so an uplink would be useful

Good luck. A new 8 port 10/100 would only cost less than $250. I saw a used 4
or 5 port go for over $150 at auction the other day. Personally I think I
would rather get the new 8 port. My experience is that there is quite a bit of
used 10 mg stuff available but 100 mg is a lot harder to come by.

Still maybe someone at Humbug will have just what you want.

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au
Home Page: http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand