[H-GEN] Opps Y2K Bug in Linux.

Jason McDonald jasonm at csee.uq.edu.au
Wed Nov 24 00:23:04 EST 1999

Looks alright to me.  Isn't the algorithm that a leap year is divisible by
4 but not by 100 unless it is also divisible by 400?  Thus 99 of 400 years
are leap years, giving an average year of 365.2475 days.

Thus 1700, 1800 and 1900 are not leap years, 2000 is, and 2100 is not.

I recall that their is also some issue about division by 4000, but being a
good COBOL programmer, I don't need to worry about that for a good while
yet :-)

> [andrae at reynier andrae]$ cal 2 2000
>     February 2000
> Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
>        1  2  3  4  5
>  6  7  8  9 10 11 12
> 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
> 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
> 27 28 29
>       ^^

J.
--
Random Signature #287:

Absurdity, n.:
	A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.