[H-GEN] seems like a problem

fbrand fbrand at uq.net.au
Wed Nov 10 19:09:11 EST 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

64 Mb is heaps unless you are running something really unusual . I run
Mandrake 6 on a Celeron 333 with 64 Mb RAM and have no problem

Not sure about the S3 card as I have not used on with X or KDE but my
system is very responsive with a 16 MB Riva TNT card. What
resolution/color depth are you running? I have run FVWM, KDE, GNOME,
Afterstep and WindowMaker...all have been Ok but Afterstep and WM less
responsive.

I also run a Creative / Ensoniq PCI 64 sound card and can play wav's on
the media player and MP3's (pretty spectacularly) on X11Amp.

My system is very quick. X will run in 16 Mb wont it? 64 Mb should not
present problems if your system is set up properly.

Frank Brand
fbrand at uq.net.au