[H-GEN] rsync and nfs

Craig Armour c.armour at lingua.arts.uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 1 01:05:30 EST 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

Hey

I'm setting up a staging server for my users and their little munchkins
to do web stuff on without having to give them write access to the live
server.

I'm after opinions of those who have done similar things before...

I'm intending to use rsync  however, I have several ideas as to the best
way to do this.

a)  run rsyncd on the staging server and just use rsync like that
b)  export via nfs the relevant bits to the live server and use rsync
locally
c)  variations on the above but mostly similar

any thoughts comments, questions??

Cheers
Craig
Craig Armour			c.armour at arts.uq.edu.au
System Administrator    	 Joyce Ackroyd Building
Language Lab, University of Queensland   phone 33656916