[H-GEN] Alston's censorship bill has passed

Byron Ellacott bellacott at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 17:28:12 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Byron Ellacott" <bellacott at hotmail.com>)

>I know they operate their own proxies (which are
>fscked) but wether or not they are going to pay
>somebody full time to sit and enter several
>thousand deny entries in the squid cache is beyond
>me.  I just hope it isnt me who has has to do this
>to about 10 Various NT Servers and a few BSD
>machines.

My neighbour is the person that does this at the moment.  He is in charge of
the filtering software for public highschools (and possibly primary schools
*shrug*) in queensland, perhaps australia.  He'll tell you that the
protection is negligent, and you can circumvent it without any real
knowledge of computers or the Internet.

.. basically, schools already have content protection, and you've probably
seen firsthand how ineffective it is.