[H-GEN] partitioning again

Martin Pool martinp at mincom.com
Wed May 12 23:02:26 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Martin Pool <martinp at mincom.com>)

Robert Brockway wrote:

> > I'd also like to see the savecore facility but newgroup archives lead me to
> > believe that that is unlikely even though it would be _very_ useful.
>
> savecore?  As in saving an image of the running system on disk for later
> restorartion?  I thought most laptops,etc had it in h/w.

No, saving it for debugging purposes when the system panic, if I
remember correctly.  Like a core dump of the whole system.

http://docs.sun.com:80/ab2/coll.47.7/SYSADV2/@Ab2PageView/75802?DwebQuery=savecore

--
Martin

A Java compiler compiles Java code in to errors and warning messages,
and in the process produces class files containing bytecode.