[H-GEN] dual homed isps

David Jericho davidj at in4free.com.au
Wed May 12 21:51:19 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs David Jericho <davidj at in4free.com.au>)

Lets say that a given ISP has one link of X bandwidth, and another of Y
bandwidth. We'll call these links X and Y respectively.

We want certain types of traffic, to certain destinations going out over
X, and the rest over Y. X and Y have their own C class ip address ranges.

It'd be easy if it were just based on ip addresses, but it's also based on
either traffic types or ports.

I've got a few ideas already, but I'd like to find out how other Humbuggers
have done it in the past. Keep in mind, that both these links are using
different media, and different routers. The only thing that I have to possibly
split the traffic onto either link is a linux box. Suggestions?

--
David Jericho