[H-GEN] Linux curses

Bob Hepple bhepple at bit.net.au
Wed May 12 19:05:39 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Bob Hepple <bhepple at bit.net.au>)

Sid Young wrote:

> I am in the throws of writting an application using curses and cannot
> figure out how to draw nice looking boxes using the character set defined
> in the PC, has anyone used the curses library and have sample code?
>
> Does anyone know an application that uses curses that has these style of
> boxes and has available source code ?

ncurses has box:

       int box(WINDOW *win, chtype verch, chtype horch);

documentation can be found by doing:

	man curs_border

You can check out several of my curse programs at
http://www.bit.net.au./~bhepple/dcalc (a curses based RPN calculator)
and http://www.bit.net.au./~bhepple/scrmgr (a curses based data entry
system). The calculator would probably be easier to inspect as it has
far fewer lines of code.

Cheers

Bob

--