[H-GEN] Cd Recorders

Steve Elliott steve at virtuozo.com.au
Sun May 9 15:41:03 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Steve Elliott <steve at virtuozo.com.au>)

HI Everyone,
	Thanks to all those who responded to my prev posting. I've decided to
give it a go myself.
	My next question is support for cd writers - i couldn't seem to find
anything on Red Hats site - can recorders be ATAPI compliant also - so
if the recorder is ATAPI, it should be supported under red hat 6 ?
	Also, I intend to start with having NT installed on my system ( boo
hiss ) until i get to the stage where i can scrub it. The RH6 install
will autodetect the ms partition and then automatically install the lilo
program for dual booting, from what I read in the RH6 manual. From the
doc that i quickly looked at, lilo looks for a certain location to
install itself on the hard disk ? Or can i start with a vanilla NT
machine, that has its disk split into 2 partitions, boot up on the linux
floopy, install, and lilo 'happens' - or are there some traps for
newbies ?
	Thanks again ...
--
Regards,                                 \|/
Steve Elliott.                           @ @