[H-GEN] obtaining a book on running linux

Paul Gearon pag at tams.com.au
Tue Mar 23 20:28:31 EST 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Paul Gearon <pag at tams.com.au>)

> Personally I found Sorbell `A Practical Guide to the Unix System' an
> excelent introduction/reference.  While I haven't had much of
> a look at
> it, his `Practical Guide to Linux' seems similar.

I second this.  I still have the 2nd edition of Sobell (1989, covering
4.3BSD and SVR3!!!) and it is still quite useful.  Definately worth it.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Gearon
gearon at computer.org

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I
will fling an enormous rock at your head.")