[H-GEN] Weird Windows Problem

Paul Gearon pag at tams.com.au
Tue Mar 16 20:39:53 EST 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Paul Gearon <pag at tams.com.au>)

> But if he uses Netscape it works brilliantly.
>
> Unfortunately this guy specificaly wants to use Explorer.

Well there's his problem!  The solution is to convince him to use Netscape.
:o)

> I thought that perhaps the binary was stuffed so he has reinstalled
> both internet explorer and windows98  (since they are kinda meshed
> together)
>
> ....but still no go.
>
> If any of you guys out there have heard of this problem b4 please
> mail me how you solved it.....ar if anyone has any ideas whatsoever
> i would be very apreciative.

Can he load an html file off his hard drive?  Can he connect to ftp sites?
Basically, can you possibly narrow the problem down to just http, network
access in general, or a f#*&@d copy of IE?  (They're all in this condition
of course, just his maybe more than others.)

Regards,
Paul

Paul Gearon
gearon at computer.org

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I
will fling an enormous rock at your head.")