[H-GEN] Windowmaker under debian on a Toshiba Tecra

Byron Ellacott bellacott at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 11:26:47 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Byron Ellacott <bellacott at hotmail.com>)

>black. The laptop has a DSTN screen and a Chips n Tech 65550 Display with 2
>Mb
>ram. The display is running 1024 * 768 * 24 Anyone? Anyone? ... Buler

yeeahh, well, if we do some basic math, we can find your problem.

1024 * 768 == 786432

786432 * 3 == 2359296

2,359,296 / 1024 = 2304

2,304 / 1024 = 2.25

hmmm.

this is saying that to store 3 bytes of colour information (that's 24 bits)
per pixel, for 1024 pixels across by 768 pixels down, you need *at least*
2.25mb of video memory.

Houston, we have a problem.

Try a lower res and/or colour depth.