[H-GEN] Network load calcs

Michael Anthon mca at tams.com.au
Fri Jun 25 00:15:44 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Michael Anthon <mca at tams.com.au>)

Nup, been into this just recently.  There is no way you can control incoming
data (assuming you have no access the equipment at the other end of course
(unless you have a nice ISP that will make the changes for you)).  The
priority is a pretty low level function and is controlled by the 2 TOS bits
in the packet.  Until the packet reaches you machine, you can not do
anything to affect it.

Cheers
Michael A.

Please note:  I am by no means an expert in this area and don't even pretend
to understand all of what goes on... feel free to LART me if I am misleading
other poor sods.