[H-GEN] Support for Plug'n'Play?

David Jericho davidj at in4free.com.au
Tue Jun 15 20:07:50 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs David Jericho <davidj at in4free.com.au>)

On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 09:42:02AM +1000, Raymond Smith wrote:
> Does Linux (the kernel, drivers, whatever) support Plug'n'Play? If so,
> what are the details? Looking around the web I could only find stuff on
> ISA Plug and Play cards and Linux -- this doesn't seem relevant as I
> imagine all my peripheral cards will be PCI?

You are right. You will have no need for ISA pnp support unless you
choose to use those cards. But given that PC99 iirc, doesn't allow
for ISA cards, it won't be a problem. PCI plug'n'pray assignment is
all done in the BIOS.

> Also, does AGP require special support?

To get the full benifits, yes. But a good AGP video card will work without
a problem with the standard XFree86 VGA16 and SVGA servers.

--
David Jericho