[H-GEN] Wireless connections between buildings

David Jericho davidj at in4free.com.au
Tue Jul 27 20:57:57 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs David Jericho <davidj at in4free.com.au>)

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 11:00:27PM +1000, Hilton Travis wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows of any solution that can provide wireless
> connection between 2 buildings across the road from each other.  Telstra
> says they are unable to pull a line between the buildings, and they want to
> install a number of OnRamp services in each building - for data and phone -
> and connect these through the Telstra network.

I'm checking into the same thing at the moment, and I've been told
by everyone to use Lucent Technologies WaveLAN equipment.
If you want to talk to the Brisbane VAR, ring Metrocom on 3274 2800
and ask for Warren Lang, re Lucent WaveLAN.

This is not a recommendation or so on, just it's who I've been in touch with
and he's been helpful.

--
David Jericho