[H-GEN] XF86 and Matrox G200 probs

Robert Stuart rstu at qbssss.edu.au
Sun Jul 11 21:24:03 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Robert Stuart <rstu at qbssss.edu.au>)

Hi,

We have some new HP Vectra VEi PII-400 PCs with Matrox MGA-G200 cards
onboard.  I'm trying to get XFree86 working with the SVGA server, but it
doesn't want to work.  I'm using a decent HP monitor (putting in the
freq ranges in the XF86config file etc) which will do 1280x1024 @60Hz
but when trying to run X, the refresh rate is either crap, or the
monitor turns off (it one of those monitors that goes into standby when
a video mode is no good).

I'm suspecting the G200 card isn't properly supported by the XFree86
server and it is picking some wierd mode clock which screwes up the
monitor timings....

Does anyone have one of these new HP PCs (Vectra VEi8) and have X
working?

Ideas anyone?

Thanks
--