[H-GEN] Mail problems

Chris Ryan cryan at plugged.net.au
Wed Jul 7 20:24:33 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Chris Ryan <cryan at plugged.net.au>)

Michael Anthon wrote:

> As much as I would like to blame the M$ part of the system, the tcp dumps
> actually tend to indicate a problem with the Linux side of things.  If you
> look at the trace I put on my ftp site, it is sendmail that is not "doing
> the right thing" in terms of the protocol.  I could be mis-interpreting the
> dump because I don't have a lot of clues in this area.

The tcp dumps might indicate a Linux problem, but I seriously doubt it.
About 3 or so years ago I remember being affected with similar problems
between
M$ (Exchange) and sendmail (under Solaris).  It's definitely M$ that's
broken, not sendmail.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the solution the mail people came
up with at the time.

--
Chris Ryan           | BH: http://www.plugged.net.au/
cryan at plugged.net.au | AH: http://storm-wolves.plugged.net.au/