[H-GEN] Which Laser Printer?

David Jericho davidj at in4free.com.au
Mon Jul 5 21:04:06 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs David Jericho <davidj at in4free.com.au>)

On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 10:00:30AM +1000, Marshall, Joshua wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying a Laser Printer for my Linux Workstation - does
> anyone have any tips to what sort to get?  ie do you have to get a
> postscript, are there PCL drivers, etc???

If you can afford it, go the Postscript printer. It'll work pretty much
flawlessly. Otherwise you can't beat a standard HP LaserJet with PCL support.

For a quick glance at what printer drivers are supported under your current
system, just run "gs --help", and check out the supported devices list.

--
David Jericho