[H-GEN] sendmail problem

Luke Grant Luke.G at uq.net.au
Tue Jan 19 02:24:14 EST 1999

Hey there guys,

see if any of you recognise this problem cause its cheeseing me off.

My account on one of the work servers wont let me use an emai client to
check my mail. The server is running Sendmail using POP3. If i telnet to
port 110 on localhost from the server i can log on and run all the normal
commands....ie. stat retr dele etc.

once i quit however the mail.lock file stays in my home directory. I was
under the impression that this should only be there if i am currently
accessing the mail server. If i try to telnet in again without deleting
the mail.lock the POP3 times out.

If i try to access mmy email remotely i keep being told that the server
unexpectedly terminated the connection. ?????
(this only happens if there is no .lock file. If the lock file exiasts it
just times out).

Has anyone seen this problem or a problem similar b4?

we are running redhat 5.something......sorry to be painfull here but i am
super tired and can't for the life of me remember the command to get my
kernel version up......i know its something stupid but it aludes my brain.

Luke

Luke Grant
mail: Luke.G at uq.net.au
      skywalke at webexpress.net.au