[H-GEN] Linux Dialup Configuration

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Wed Feb 10 20:53:22 EST 1999

Doug Young wrote:

> Trouble is I don't know about prompts in Linux .... only in Win98 and WinNT
> and both of those are completely different so the mind boggles what Linux
> wants

Really, it is a lot simpler than you think. Unless you have a good reason for
doing what you are asking it is a lot easier to produce a script. If you can
make a Humbug meeting I am sure someone would do it for you in a couple of
minutes. Otherwise arrange to meet someone sometime to set it up.

I did not use the Red Hat Configuration but it seems really simple.

Have a look at X-ISP it does something similar to Win 95/98 but it will do it
with scripts it will write itself. (It is included with the APC CDROM).

Take my word for it, it is better to learn a little bit about it rather than
complicate things by trying to emulate Win 95.

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au
Home Page: http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand