[H-GEN] argh when RTFM doesn't work

David Shackleton dshackle at pineapple.goldenglow.com.au
Thu Feb 4 00:15:53 EST 1999

Fun fun fun.

pppd's man page reported "+pap" option as forcing pap.

I now find the source of all my pap problems (Rh4.2 dist) is that for some
reason my ISP responds with ConfNak's to requesting pap... and yet if I
don't specifiy pap, (presumably allowing it the ISP's LCP to select betwen
CHAP and PAP), it immediately selects... you guessed it.. pap.

ARRRRGGGHH.

So I can't say "my LCP will only accept PAP".
It only lets me say "I'll accept any damn authentication", to which the
reply comes "well use PAP".

*throws hands up in the air*

The moral of this story?  RTFM doesn't always work.

-David

David Shackleton                      <dshackle at goldenglow.com.au>
Systems Analyst/Programmer           http://www.goldenglow.com.au
Queensland Biochemics Pty Ltd           <market at goldenglow.com.au>
trading as Golden Glow Health Products  <orders at goldenglow.com.au>
 /  `-' `.     home   Shackleton's Dilemma:
/         * <- sweet   I really should get back to work. I'll have
\_,---._,'     home    to put off procrastinating until tomorrow.