[H-GEN] Content Filters?

Martin Pool martinp at mincom.com
Sun Dec 19 21:47:22 EST 1999

Jason Henry Parker wrote:

> > So, does anyone know of any filtering software available for the unix
> > platform, or even Linux on Intel? All the products I have looked at seem
> > to be windows specific.
>
> Fuck the ABA.

No.  You might catch something very nasty.

> While I won't install anything of the sort on any system *I* look
> after, perhaps you could have a look at squid (the government
> seems to think the 'net is just web pages) and squirm?

Thinking about it a bit more, I feel slightly optimistic that the next
year's protocols will as a side effect of their technical merit be
harder to censor.  Consider even the simple example of Chunked HTTP or
MUX, and how much harder they are to scan -- and they're just the
beginning of the new system.

In the meantime,

  http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net/

is a small contribution (and the obligatory on-topic content).

--
Martin
Not speaking for anyone else.

"National borders are speedbumps on the information superhighway"
                      -- Tim C May