[H-GEN] Ethernet troubles

Jason Henry Parker jasonp at uq.net.au
Wed Dec 22 06:54:41 EST 1999

Christopher Preston <c.preston at chemistry.uq.edu.au> writes:

> tftp can't be all that broken. I have a Decstation 5000 and a Xyplex
> terminal server happily netbooting via tftp.
>
> I can't comment on NFS, although the decstation does do NFS root fs ok.

Yes, yes, I'm sure that some people get Linux tftp working with
various hardware.  The fact remains that PI had problems booting their
X Terminals[1], and the times I've messed with it locally it's been
unreliable to say the least (though IIRC I got a Decstation 5000
booting over it, just like you).

jason

[1] : I thought ours were the same model as Robert's; this doesn't
      seem to be the case.

--
____
\ _/__ ``When the RNG hands you a lemon, #apply it and