[H-GEN] Apache and Virtual Hosts

Nikolai Lusan nikolai at humbug.org.au
Thu Dec 9 11:49:44 EST 1999

Hi all,
    I am administering a machine on the UQ Psychology lan. This machine
is running a web server that I want to use to serve a different set of
pages for it's humbug name, to do this I need to use a name based
virtual host in the apache config. The only hitch  I have is that I
can't actually get it to work, I have read all the docs and my
httpd.conf file is correct according to that information and the
examples provided and yet using either of the FQDN's serves the same
page..

I am including an exert from the httpd.conf so people can see what I am
doing. Any assistance is appreciated.
The machines IP is 130.102.32.23 and it's name is stevens.psy.uq.edu.au
also the name fire.humbug.org.au resolves to it :)

NameVirtualHost 130.102.32.23

<VirtualHost 130.102.32.23>
        ServerAdmin nikolai at humbug.org.au
        DocumentRoot /var/virt/fire.humbug.org.au
        ServerName fire.humbug.org.au
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/fire.humbug.org.au-err
        TransferLog /var/log/apache/fire.humbug.org.au-trans
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 130.102.32.23>
        ServerAdmin nikolai at humbug.org.au
        DocumentRoot /var/www
        ServerName stevens.psy.uq.edu.au
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/error.log
        TransferLog /var/log/apache/transfer.log
</VirtualHost>

Nikolai