[H-GEN] New Machine (UDMA support)

David Jericho davidj at in4free.com.au
Thu Dec 9 03:39:37 EST 1999

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 01:01:20PM -0000, Murray Spork wrote:
> > Yep. Check out www.kernelnotes.org for all the goss. UDMA/66 is
> > definitely in 2.3 and it may already be backported to 2.2, though I
> > haven't checked.
>
> There is a mini-HOWTO on how to get UDMA/66 to work with the HPT366 IDE
> controller and a 2.2 kernel. (HPT366 is found on the ABIT BP6/BE6 mb as well as
> a few others).
>
> http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~b6506063/hpt366/

Uh huh, and it all works beautifully with thæt patch for the hbt366. New
toy next to me is a dual celery running on a bp6 and it's drives are almost
there with UW SCSI in terms of performance.

I've also got a database server with a Promise RAID controller UATA/66 card,
pretty sweet, but I have to use loadlin to boot the thing :( Lilo lacks the support
apparently. Patches avaliable from Promise apparently.

We're so happy with the performance of a bp6 that we're buying another one.

--
David Jericho
Senior Systems Administrator, Internet4Free