[H-GEN] New Machine (UDMA support)

Daniel Quinlan daniel at netwise.net.au
Mon Dec 6 19:07:08 EST 1999

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 02:54:45PM +1000, Frank Brand wrote:
> However, in many cases the OBSERVABLE difference in performance between a $185
> Celeron 466 and a $500 Athlon 500 will be very, very little...especially in
> systems such as Linux without the full high speed UDMA support, video support,
> high speed RAM etc. etc.

I was wondering about that. is UDMA support in the pipeline?
the last couple of linux boxes we've sold have been on HP Vectra's which have
UDMA stuff and i've had to turn it off in the BIOS. (kernel error messages)
but they're running Debian 2.1 so it's a 2.0.x kernel

anyone know the deal?

regards,
Daniel Quinlan				daniel at netwise.net.au
Netwise Australia			ph: 0417 677 377
"Engineering Network Solutions"		fax: 07 3216 0226