[H-GEN] pthreads

Raymond Smith raymonds at uq.net.au
Thu Aug 26 02:49:34 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Andrae Muys wrote:
> Note that it is strongly advised that if you simply must use signals that
> you have a single thread dedicated to recieving them and use normal
> inter-thread communication calls to alert other threads of the signal.
> (probably through a pthread_cond_signal()).

Am thinking this would be a requirement for many threaded programs.
Especially if they are expected to act as daemon processes, etc. Am I
wrong? Is this not what is done?

Raymond

---
raymond at humbug.org.au              The early bird catches the worm,