[H-GEN] FTP login by wtmp?

Everist, Geoff everistg at switch.aust.com
Mon Aug 23 00:40:00 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

[snip]

> Anyway, what _really_ annoys me is the lack of action from
> the ISP through
> which our little script-kiddie attacked. The ISP was
> ihug.co.nz. A detailed
> email was sent to their abuse team on August 17 (Tuesday),
> with a follow-up
> the next day. I tried calling the ISP in NZ to talk to a
> sysop, but nobody
> would put me through. I still don't even have acknowledgement from
> ihug.co.nz that they have received the email, let alone any
> indication that
> they are investigating the complaint. In desperation I tried to get in
> contact with their Australian operation, and at least got an
> acknowledgement
> from them (but no further investigation). I have sent a
> further follow-up
> today (as a result of further access attempts), but I am not
> holding my
> breath.

[snip]

Woohoo...a response at last...here it is...*dramatic drumroll*

"This user has had their account suspended, and I will be speaking with
them personally."

Why do I feel somewhat underwhelmed?

Cheers
Geoff Everist