[H-GEN] Secure Telnet

Steven Lawrance steven at sia.net.au
Sun Aug 22 04:21:39 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 05:39:13PM +1000, Hilton Travis wrote:
> What SSH telnet clients are there available for the Windows platform (and
> also BeOS) that can telnet into a Linux SSH system?

There are no ssh2 clients for windows that I know of, but for ssh1
you can use SecureCRT (export restricted, commercial?) or the free
TTSSH extension for TeraTerm Pro (free also).  I remember finding
this after a quick search on yahoo recently.  (don't have URL atm.)

> I hate the way the standard MS Telnet client fails to map the arrows
> properly - especially annoying in things like vi!!!

You use arrow keys in vi?

--
Steven Lawrance
steven at sia.net.au