[H-GEN] Creating disk image

John Boggon John.B at uq.net.au
Mon Aug 9 22:36:07 EDT 1999

( Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix related topics.  Consider also the 'Chat' list (reply-to) if
your posting is not on-topic for 'General'.  Including this text in
your reply shows that you have not read it. )

Robert Stuart wrote:

> John Boggon wrote:
> >

> I should have been a little more explicit with my dd statement.  We do
> something like: dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdc (note there is no partition
> specified).  This gives you identical disks in every way (partition
> tables, boot sectors etc).  If we are doing a tar dump, we've already
> fdisked and formated the drive.

Even better. I've modeled my windows setup on linux with a separate
partition for the swap file.
My biggest problem now is creating a linux boot floppy. That should not
prove too dificult with the plethora of floppy based linux distros
lying around like muLinux and LRP.