[H-GEN] Re: Unix vs NT [long; both informative and then religious]

Marc Dergacz excal at kermit.humbug.org.au
Wed Aug 4 10:49:36 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Marc Dergacz <excal at kermit.humbug.org.au>)

Daniel Quinlan wrote:

>  I admin 15 debian boxes, all remotely, all
> over the internet. try doing that with NT.

I dont by any means like or prefer to use NT but like many other admins, am forced to use it.
It is possible to *purchase* a telnet daemon for NT and then remotely log into the box.
Configuring NT from the command line is *aweful* and is not readily suggested as a means to fix
something. But if you desperatly need to do it that way, then it is possible.

Marc Dergacz
excal at kermit.humbug.org.au