[H-GEN] Re: Unix vs NT (religious war :-)

root dougy at gargoyle.apana.org.au
Sun Aug 1 11:22:07 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs root <dougy at gargoyle.apana.org.au>)

> Nope.  That's the beauty of PPP ;-)  When you bring the link up, the
> ISP takes care of assigning IPs to you, and the appropiate routing entries
> are added to your routing table.

The IP address for ppp0 is ALWAYS 203.3.126.129 ..... I've checked it a
heap of times and its never been anything else

> The PPP interface gets automatically configured when you bring up your net
> connection, so the Internet can see your box and vice versa.  All you have
> to worry about is configuring your ethernet card to get your router box to
> talk to your internal network properly.  I concentrated on this in one of
> my previous posts.

OK .... I have the "gateway" IP address set at 203.3.126.130 in the LAN
boxes, but still can't browse from them or ping internet addresses......
I can browse & ping both LAN and internet addresses from the local
gateway box