[H-GEN] Banshee Cards under Xwin

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Fri Apr 16 07:40:07 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Frank Brand <fbrand at uq.net.au>)

Frank Brand wrote:

> Andrew Rooke wrote:
>

> >         Of course if anyone has a alternate source to grab a .tar.gz format, it
> > would help me a lot..
> >

> You dont have to run Red Hat. Just get rpm and unpack all the files. RPM is just a packager all the files within ought to run the same on another system.
>
> I thought Debian had rpm in it? Is that not so?

How's that replying to my own message...its like talking to yourself.

Depending on your set up you may strike a few problems but the page you were directed to has a link to the Banshee X Server Page.

On that (BXsP) there are instructions for installing without RPM. This is the URL:-

http://glide.xxedgexx.com/3DfxNoRPMS.html

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au