[H-GEN] 17" Monitor and big(ish) HDD's for sale

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Fri Apr 16 04:44:20 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Frank Brand <fbrand at uq.net.au>)

17" MONITOR

A number of Humbuggers have been seeking 17" monitors from me. Good
second-hand 17" monitors are not that plentiful.

I have a new 17" monitor (surplus to requirements as they say). It will
do up to 1280 resolution, is Plug and Play and has a 3 year warranty. I
am asking $425 for it. I think this is better value than buying a
second-hand monitor ... but you decide.

Alternatively, I can keep the new one and sell my used 17" if you
prefer.

BIG(ISH) HDD's

I have some boxes with big(ish) hard drives...the boxes are ugly old
Osbournes but what is inside them is not so ugly:-

1.44 FDD
1.2 FDD
ISA Video card (Diamond Speedstar Tseng Labs I think)
ISA IDE I/O card
SMC Network card (ISA, 83C795 QF P chip, RJ45 connection)
Seasonic Power supply (200 or 230 W)
486 DX 33 motherboard/chip
8 x 1 Mb parity memory chips  AND
1 x 850 Mb Seagate ST3850A Hard disk drive

The 850 Mb disk is probably only 2-3 years old (have not looked for a
date) and from what I have seen they look good.

The above comes with a keyboard ( bet you didn't expect that much of a
bargain) and I reckon $100 for the package is reasonable.

Last time I had 850 Mb HDD's they went in about 5 minutes and some
people missed out, so if you are interested in either of the above give
me a call on 3379-9189 PLEASE DONT REPLY ME as I do not have many and
they will be gone.

PS: I also have a couple of cheap ($80) 15" monitors if anyone is
interested.

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au