[H-GEN] Authentication with Apache

Marshall, Joshua MarshallJ at switch.aust.com
Thu Apr 15 23:32:18 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Marshall, Joshua" <MarshallJ at switch.aust.com>)

I've been looking at the .htaccess files which restrict access to
various directories in Apache with a user/password combination.  It uses
a file with the user's name and an encrypted password in it.  I'm
wanting to know if there's any way to use PAM to authenticate the users
so that if one of our users changes his account password then the web
page password will change also.

Has anyone ever seen Apache using PAM for it authentication?

Cheers,

Josh Marshall