[H-GEN] Logging over serial ports

David Jericho davidj at amh.com.au
Fri Apr 9 01:38:40 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs David Jericho <davidj at amh.com.au>)

I want to log the goings on of my two firewalls over a serial port
to a dedicated machine, which then turns all the info into really
pretty html for my boss.

It's obvious I can get syslog to dump to the serial port and so on,
but what about things like the squid cache and so on?

I've got multiple sources, and not all log to the same place. I want
_everything_ to go across the serial port, as well as to local files.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? I've tried fifos but
they don't seem to do what I want. syslog only captures stuff that
logs to syslog, not squid/apache access logs.

And I don't want to use ppp or the likes. Help? :)

--
David "Uncle Fester" Jericho