[H-GEN] i'm a silly duffer..

Rob Kearey r.kearey at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Wed Sep 23 01:53:18 EDT 1998

> On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Rob Kearey wrote:

> > > Umm - is this the same ISP that is called Questnet? (That QUT students
> > > use)
> >
> > Questnet is the Queensland subset of AARnet, if you will. The QUT bank
> > is just another PRI which goes into a 5399 downstairs.
>
> Duhhhh.... (drool) I got the AARnet acronym, but what is a PRI, and what
> is a 5399? (I'm guessing a cisco router thingy)

Primary Rate ISDN - 32 x 64kb channels, two of which are used for
signaling. A 5399 is a bloody great Remote Access Conecentrator (modem)
card containing three 486DX2/66's and 60 Texas Instruments DSPs. I think
I handed out a URL for them the other week.

Arrgh! I'm a teapot! Stress! Nurse, more prozac suppositories!

--
Robert Kearey			Network Services
The Prentice Centre		University of Queensland