[H-GEN] Sun Sparcs

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Wed Sep 9 02:22:51 EDT 1998

A guy I know has bought 8 to 10 Sun Sparcstation Classic X. They are
quite recent (about 4 years old) and are configured for a network. ie,
they have no FDD and no HDD, 4MB RAM. They are, not very suitable as
stand alone machines as they are very slow unless working off a server
with big grunt. The processor is a microSparc I with 8KB cache. However
they do have nice Sun monitors (Sun calls them 15" I think but maybe
they are 14"). They are very nice clean boxes and monitors and would
make a nice network addition for someone running Sparc. I have not
negotiated availability or price with himm but some systems might be
available for about $100, subject to his own networking requirements.

Anyone interested can contact me.
--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au