[H-GEN] Boot from floppy

Jeff Hutchinson hutch at zeta.org.au
Wed Sep 2 07:38:03 EDT 1998

SI have a CDROM at id0, and the linux drive at ID2.  Is this still cool?  Is

> it possible that with both HDs installed (IDs 2 & 4), and if both have boot
> sectors (one LILO, the other Win95), that there is some sort of conflict,
> resulting in the 'LI' that I see before it hangs?
>
> Did some more research and confirmed that the 'LI' only happens if i have
> bothe SCSI drives connected.  If I boot from a floppy, I get a 'error
> 0x010' message after it loads the boot kernel off the floppy, and then
> pauses, and tries to load the kernel again.  Does this make sense?  I can't
> find in my documentation what the error message means.

Steve,
          My own config:     ID 1  - drive
                                         ID 4   -drive
                                         ID 5  - cdrom
                                         ID  6  -Zip
                                         ID 7   -AHA2940

I would be moving the cdrom away from ID0 and placing it at 5 or above. I would
then move the linux
drive to ID0. This doesn't take much but if you don't know how e-mail me. What
does tend to worry
me is you can disconnect one of the drives and linux boots. If you want e-mail me
your lilo.conf file
or caldera's equivalent and I will have a look at it.

Jeff (hutch at zeta.org.au)