[H-GEN] psntools

Paul Gearon pag at tams.com.au
Wed Oct 28 00:57:21 EST 1998

Hi all,

I seem to remember that there are a few people on the list who are
administrating school networks.  This showed up on Freshmeat today and I
thought I'd forward it on just in case it is useful to anyone....

 subject: psntools 1.1
added by: Andy Doran <andyd at softhome.net>
    time: 18:10
category: Software

The psntools package is a set of utilities specifically designed for
administering large numbers of user accounts at medium sized sites
(somewhere between 200 and 4000 users would be a rough ballpark
figure). They are tailored for educational installations were classes
change yearly, but are sufficiently flexible for use in other
environments.

This release contains performance enhancements, major bugfixes,
some new features, a utility for maintenance of long mail aliases and
fixes
for compilation problems/support for shadow passwords under Linux.

o Download (http://www.psn.ie/psntools/psntools-1.1.tar.gz)
o Changelog (http://www.psn.ie/psntools/ChangeLog)
o Homepage (http://www.psn.ie/psntools/)
o Appindex Record (http://appindex.freshmeat.net/view/907181083/)

Paul Gearon
gearon at computer.org

Microsoft - Where every morning is the dawn of a new error.