[H-GEN] www.humbug.org

Bruce Campbell bc at thehub.com.au
Tue Oct 20 02:14:42 EDT 1998

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Luke Grant wrote:

> Bruce Campbell wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Daehenoc wrote:
> > Yes there is something wrong with the fscking web server - it refuses to
> > do virtual domains fscking consistently, except when I fscking look at it.
>
> Why dont you post something to general about how you have your vitual domains
> set up. There are plenty of us here who work for ISP's and there is a big

Lets see, first of a;l it was set up the same way as my corporate web
server which runs quite happily, eg:

(apache 1.2.4, 1.2.6)
<virtualhost www.humbug.org.au>
servername www.humbug.org.au
documentroot /www/www.humbug.org.au
</virtualhost>

(repeat for other virtual hosts on same ip address)

at the moment, its under apache 1.3.1 which goes like:

NameVirtualHost 203.143.240.7
<virtualhost 203.143.240.7>
servername www.humbug.org.au
documentroot /www/www.humbug.org.au
</virtualhost>

(repeat for other sites, also on same ip address)

> chance that one of us would recognise the problem cause agreed they are a
> bastard to set up the first few times. I had to put several thousands of
> dollard in the swearing jar for a while ther :)

Another of my work servers has apache 1.3.1 in identical configuration
(ie, I copied the install tree over), and it works with the config file
changed as appropriate.

Its rather frustrating.

--==--
Bruce.