[H-GEN] Hard Drive Problems

Allen Grace a.grace at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Mon Oct 19 22:43:03 EDT 1998

>                 Conor has been trying to install Redhat 5 onto a hard
> drive he aquired recently but has had a few problems with the install
> process. After asking Conor what kind of keyboard he had it asks him
> what type of CDROM but his CDROM is not there and cannot be detected. So
> Conor was wondering if anyone would have some wonderful advice for
> Conor.

Well, you could tell your friend Conor to try typing the parameter
"cdrom=/dev/hdn" at the Welcome to RedHat Linux page prompt before
pressing return to denote a standard install (where n is one of the
following: a = primary master, b = primary slave, c = secondary master,
d = secondary slave ).

hth

allen
--
PD: pardon of my horror syntax english. you must be patient with me.