[H-GEN] a request

Aaron Howell aaron at sunrise.cnl.com.au
Sun Nov 1 05:25:24 EST 1998

On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 08:10:27PM +1000, Michael Oliver wrote:

> > Does anyone have (that they're interested in selling) a central point option board, (or similar copy card)
>
> Silly question.. what is a 'central point option card'???

They're commonly known as a copy card.
(central point werent the only ones who made them)
They're basically designed to back up disks which couldn't be copied with the normal floppy controller,
(some copy protection schemes defeated all the software based copy methods,
and the only way to back the disks up was with a hardware solution.
The copy cards of the 80s replaced the standard floppy controller
with one with a few more features.
Regards
Aaron

--
Aaron Howell.	Q.U.T Equity Department, Technical Support/Training.
work: a.howell at qut.edu.au	Linux/Networking Support.